Friday, January 2, 2009

My Second Sewing Project

My first sewing project was a quick table runner to match the curtains in my kitchen. I wanted to make something while my mom was still in town so that she could help me when I screwed everything up! Luckily I didn't do too much damage. I also don't have any pictures of it so just imagine a lovely, simply table runner.

My second sewing project was these Frenchy Bags by the wonderful Amy Butler. I have sewn a few things in my day, but always under the watchful eye of my seamstress mother not on my own. I've also never followed a pattern in my life. So with those two things in mind I bought the pattern, bought some cheap fabric (didn't want to mess up with expensive fabric!), booted up the ol' machine and got sewing. I'd say they worked out pretty well for my first attempt at pattern following.



No comments: